Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: Harold_V, JackF, GeorgeGaskill

User avatar
SteveM
Posts: 6182
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby SteveM » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 am

LVRR2095 wrote:Steve....did you try Sarco in Easton, PA for the parts you need? They have tons of parts and list front sling swivels for the Remington 513 T on their web site.


They have the base and the swivel, but the screw is not listed on their web site. I sent them an email.

My brother thinks he has a lead on a stock that may have the parts on it, so that may be the solution.

LVRR2095 wrote:Sometimes it is easier to just buy a part.


Yea, but it's not as fun.

Steve

User avatar
LVRR2095
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby LVRR2095 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 pm

SteveM wrote:
LVRR2095 wrote:Steve....did you try Sarco in Easton, PA for the parts you need? They have tons of parts and list front sling swivels for the Remington 513 T on their web site.


They have the base and the swivel, but the screw is not listed on their web site. I sent them an email.

My brother thinks he has a lead on a stock that may have the parts on it, so that may be the solution.

LVRR2095 wrote:Sometimes it is easier to just buy a part.



Yea, but it's not as fun.

Steve

You could also try Numrich Arms....they have a ton of parts too.
Keith

User avatar
SteveM
Posts: 6182
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby SteveM » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

LVRR2095 wrote:You could also try Numrich Arms....they have a ton of parts too.


Sold out. Just like everyone else.

Steve

Steve S
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:22 pm
Location: southcentral - PA

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby Steve S » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Have any derlin or nylon rod that you could twist in to score a thread rate on ?
Maybe cast pour a Cerosafe plug ?

Steve S

User avatar
SteveM
Posts: 6182
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby SteveM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am

My brother found an entire stock with the swivel hardware for cheap. He's swapping over the parts and then sell the rest of the stock, which will probably get him his money back.

Steve

johnfreese
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 am

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby johnfreese » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Your 42 tpi is very close to 0.6mm. Could it be a metric thread?

User avatar
SteveM
Posts: 6182
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Remington front sling swivel mounting screw threads

Postby SteveM » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:44 am

johnfreese wrote:Your 42 tpi is very close to 0.6mm. Could it be a metric thread?


It could be, but my lathe won't thread metric (I don't have the transposing gears) and 0.6 mm is not a standard thread in that diameter.

Steve


Return to “Gunsmithing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest