gunsmithing tools

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: Harold_V, JackF, GeorgeGaskill

SteveM

gunsmithing tools

Post by SteveM » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:28 am

I have a bunch of high-end gunsmithing tools my dad left.

Some of this stuff is very expensive, so I'm looking for the best avenue through which to sell to get the best price.

Ebay is so anti-gun, I'm not sure it that's the best place to sell - people looking for this stuff probably won't be there.

Is there somewhere else you would recommend?

Some of it, we don't know what it will go for, so an auction setting would be best, I think. Otherwise we will end up under / over pricing things.

Steve

Magicniner

Re: gunsmithing tools

Post by Magicniner » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Lots of gun forum sites have a gunsmithing section.

mihit

Post by mihit » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Where are you and whaddaya got?

jcfx

Post by jcfx » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:51 pm

There is quite a bit of gun related stuff on eBay , tools, mainly pin punches, holsters, and surprisingly Airsoft BB guns !
I don't pretend to know what tools are needed for gun smithing ( other than a lathe and mill ).
Unless eBay has express rules against gunsmithing tools, I don't see why you shouldn't list them on eBay.

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:09 am

mihit wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 pm
Where are you
Readers here tend to put their location in their profile, as Steve has don (although not all do, for reasons best known to them). I highly recommend you do, too. Folks who prefer to remain anonymous don't get anywhere near the cooperation from people like me. I like to know who I'm talking to, and where they live (general location, like what part of the continent on which one lives (no need to disclose one's address). If I can't be trusted by any particular individual with that bit of information, I really don't feel a need to waste my time trying to help, and I have yet put to use in the wrong way such information, no more than I would if I knew one's hat size. The up side is there's often someone local to you that is more than willing to help.

Do bear in mind----posting that information IS voluntary. The choice is yours.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 am

A local gun show might be a good venue if you can determine what the tools are worth.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi

SteveM

Post by SteveM » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Mr Ron wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 am
A local gun show might be a good venue if you can determine what the tools are worth.
Unfortunately, while there used to be many gun shows in Connecticut, I don't think there's been one here for decades.

Steve