Hard Steel

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

barnes_gunworks

Post by barnes_gunworks »

as far as dremals go, i really dont know a smith that can get by without it. im not saying that we use em all the time or in every situaiton, but they are used a fairly good amount. just keep in mind while they speed up the work. they also speed up the screwups and the amount of the screwups!! just take your time and make sure you wear both safty glasses and breather. good light is a must as well.
www.chaski.com
GeorgeGaskill

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

If you only need a couple of thou, you could do it by hand with a stone.
uziforme

Post by uziforme »

I have no idea what you are doing but the RRA two stage match trigger does not contact a std. selector in any way. I put them in all the time, they drop in with no mods.
SingleStacker45

Post by SingleStacker45 »

uziforme wrote:I have no idea what you are doing but the RRA two stage match trigger does not contact a std. selector in any way. I put them in all the time, they drop in with no mods.
By the way I did not ask how to install the trigger as I have a fair amount of knowledge in this area. I have built five AR rifles for myself and friends with various triggers as well as installing and tuning triggers in various other firearms over the past 15 years. I asked how to cut metal. Please read my original post. And for the record you are incorrect. the tail of the trigger touches the flat surface on the selector and the round surface on the selector depending on which position it is in. That's how a selector works. If you don't believe me take the selctor out and wach how far the tail of the trigger moves through the hole in the reciever. Thanks to all of you who did have constructive information for me. The dremel worked fine.

Mule