Posting photos

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Al_Messer

Posting photos

Post by Al_Messer »

How do you post photos on this BBS? TIA

Al
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"
hammermill

Re: Posting photos

Post by hammermill »

here is abrief tutorial al

1st place the picture on your desktop with a name you can find
click browse in the upload attachment
click open on the photo file
then click save and the deed is done

i am not sure if you can do more than one but with a little practise it will seem second nature
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I do this:

Open post for the thread you are at.
Below the creation box for your posting, scroll down just a bit and find : file name- Browse. Click on the browse and it will open to your files, you may have to go up to select the correct files, which are a general picture file for me, and open that file window. I select and open the file I want and click on teh picture that I called up. you will flash back to your creation screen here, and at least teh first part of the picture name key will be in the browse window. Teh comment window cna be used to add some information about just that picture. Done with that, just button- add the file, and it will open another file name-browse window set. Move up to your lines above, and you can set that file into order, and it will pop up in your creation screen ready to go. If you dont commit it now, it will come out on the bottom of the post with following pics and comments becoming last in first out.

Get on and play a bit, and remember you can edit your final post even after posting , or delete the whole mess, if need be and redo from scratch. It sounds more complex than it is, playing around for a bit will quickly teach you to mind the order, and filing. Pretty much point and click once you get the hang of it, and knowing what to look for.

I am not particularly good at this stuff, and I can only load 4 pics per post. I know others get around this somehow, and post a string of pics, but I dont know that part. 4 is enough for me, as I get windy anyway.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
alphawolf45

Post by alphawolf45 »

Al_Messer wrote:How do you post photos on this BBS? TIA

Al
Curiosity is killin me AL - How did you get to 2500 posts and not yet show pictures of your projects?