trigger help?

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

goodson88

trigger help?

Post by goodson88 »

yes im a c5 c6 spinal cord injury and my dad made a thing to go on my chair to hold my gun and i need something made to go on my trigger where i can pull it to fire the gun i have a thing made its on my deer hunting gun but i shoot it out my polaris ranger could take it off but to scared i might break it or mess it up by takeing it off to put on a diff gun its made out of aluminum my uncle made it at a place he did work but that place has closed down its about 3 to 4 inch long then it has a cut out to side on the trigger and on end it has a small allen screw in it to tighting it down and im scared if i take it off much it might mess the threads up any help i sure would help thanks
mechanicalmagic

Re: trigger help?

Post by mechanicalmagic »

goodson88,
First, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you have a cervical spine problem, sounds like you can can enjoy life in spite of it.

Next, is it possible for you to take a picture of the device you already have?
What sort of weapon do you want the new one to fit?
What does this gadget do? How does it enable you to pull the trigger?
(It might be obvious from the picture, but thought I'd ask first.)

Any more info might be helpful.

Also, it's a good idea to put some sort of location in the User Control Panel, does not need to be very specific. Sometimes there are folks nearby that would love to help.

Dave J.
Every day I ask myself, "What's the most fun thing to do today."
9x48 BP clone, 12x36 lathe, TIG, MIG, Gas, 3 in 1 sheetmetal.
goodson88

Post by goodson88 »

i will get a pic of the trigger i have on my other gun it be monday tho be for i can i want it to go on a 22 or pellet gun hear the mount i use to hold my gun Image
mechanicalmagic

Post by mechanicalmagic »

Looks like your Dad does some nice work there. Quite professional.
goodson88 wrote:its about 3 to 4 inch long then it has a cut out to side on the trigger and on end it has a small allen screw in it to tighting it down and im scared if i take it off much it might mess the threads up
Don't blame you for being careful, small threads in Aluminum can be touchy.

So, 3-4" long and slides onto the trigger. Is it a simple extension, to get around a trigger guard? Or does it help in some other way?

Do you have the new .22 or pellet gun now?

Dave J.
Every day I ask myself, "What's the most fun thing to do today."
9x48 BP clone, 12x36 lathe, TIG, MIG, Gas, 3 in 1 sheetmetal.
goodson88

Post by goodson88 »

yea i have the pellet gun i can shoot it now by pulling trigger with my thumb but it is lil hard i have this gun
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gamo174- ... l+Products
yes the thing i have on my hunting gun is 3-4 inch long i thought bout getting something like this

and this

and get two small bolts but not been to a hardware store yet to see if they make em small as i need it to go on the trigger i got one of my mom fingernail files and put it on the trigger it would work just right but its not strong enough
goodson88

Post by goodson88 »

here my gun trigger my uncle made me hope the pics show how it goes on and works
click here
click here
click here
click here