FN action triggers?

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: FN action triggers?

Post by Harold_V »

Thanks for the further comments. My plan, when he finally shows up, is to let him read this entire thread, which should help him better understand what he has, and what he faces.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Al_Messer

Post by Al_Messer »

Harold, has your friend ever brought his rifle by your shop yet? My curiosity has been aroused.

Al
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

He showed up about three weeks later, Al. He had cornered a gunsmith who replaced the trigger with another. He's not thrilled with the new one, which is much wider than the one he had. I gave him a link to the forum and told him he was free to peruse what had transpired.
Thanks for asking, Al.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Al_Messer

Post by Al_Messer »

After he gets used to it, he will find that a wider trigger will give him better trigger control.

Al
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"
acme thread

Post by acme thread »

Maybe It's a Sako trigger your looking for, Sako made some early rifles on the 98 Mauser action. the triggers were sought after for sporterizing, before the canjars and timneys made the scene.
I've got a .243, With a FN barreled action, that has a Sako trigger in it.
They used a thin trigger shoe, maybe an 1/8" with vertical grooves on the trigger face.
dave [acme thread]