HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Post by 6491 »

All you little men with your big guns......A room full of children are dead.
Have a good one....John.
"MALCOLM MOORE LOCO & THE 100 FOOT RAILWAY" on Facebook.
jim35010

Re: HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Post by jim35010 »

Would you have felt better if he used a machete?
Playing on sympathies is an age old ploy! I am truly sorry for any child that dies, be it in a car accident or some psycho mass murder.
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom," Thomas Jefferson
praxim

Post by praxim »

jim35010 wrote:Would you have felt better if he used a machete?
Yes.

Almost certainly he would have been far less successful.
Patio

Post by Patio »

This is another post that I believe will not bring any goodwill to the board.
Arguing about guns is like arguing about football, cars, religion or politics. Most people feel very deeply about it one way or another, and a conversation typed out on a machining forum, will not change that much, if any. It will anger people and divide the forum. If you don't like the way things are in the U.S., vote for a change in Congress, that is where the power is.

People are dying everyday, yet crime rates are down in the U.S. Turn off your TVs unless you want to be sucked into the sensationalism they put out. This discussion would be better suited to be about mental illnesses, and the lack of any programs for it, within our country. How about the lack of drug and alcohol programs, for those that want and need them.

I like this place to much to see it be drag into the mud of this kind of discussion. There are forums all across the net for this topic. Go there to get it out of your system.

This is my opinion, which runs down the line of our Constitution, your millage may vary.

If you really want to make the world a better place, go give someone a hug, cause they my not be here tomorrow, and if you are a religious person, pray for the living, they will need it.

I hope the very best for all of you.

Pat
pacrat

Post by pacrat »

Well said Pat
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Thanks, Patio, for bringing a little sense to a convoluted comment that shows no regard for the rights and feelings of others. I am appalled that such insensitivity has been shown here.

To put one's opinion before the masses, as the OP has done, is clearly not acceptable, nor is it rational. As has already been eloquently stated, this is not a gun matter---it's a mental health matter. We can't solve those problems on this board, nor should we try.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.