Newbie Question: Pistol plans?

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

ealanm

Newbie Question: Pistol plans?

Post by ealanm »

I'm looking for plans for a fairly simple pistol project. I have a Grizzly type combo lathe mill, and pretty basic skills, but I'm willing to learn. A single shot would be okay, but I'd prefer a revolver or semi-auto, unless that's just too complicated. Where might I find plans for something like that?
hammermill

Re: Newbie Question: Pistol plans?

Post by hammermill »

many variation of a jaco pistol have been built around 22 rimfire. there are many plans and build threads on line related to this. basic tools and some handwork will

related to this is building a 1911 from a parts kit and frame castings.

revelovers are a bit advanced for simple skills
ealanm

Post by ealanm »

Hammermill:

That Jaco looks like exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion!
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I'm guessing this will not be what you were looking for but I came accross this pistol the other day that can be printed on a 3D printer. Apparently it works.

You can download plans for it from their site.

http://defcad.org/liberator/
Last edited by redneckalbertan on Wed May 08, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ealanm

Post by ealanm »

Redneck:

Thanks. Yes, you're right, I'm not looking for a 3D printed project (although I am thinking of building a home-made 3D printer). I use 3D printing at work; it's very cool, but not really what a lot of people envision. Not yet, anyway. I don't imagine that printed gun is a very good gun, but I applaud the effort.

At some point, home 3D printing is going to come together with home NC machining and you'll get some really interesting home projects.
GEP

Post by GEP »

redneckalbertan wrote:I'm guessing this will not be what you were looking for but I came accross this pistol the other day that can be printed on a 3D printer. Apparently it works.

You can download plans for it from their site.

ht tp://defcad.org/liberator/
Could you resend the link to the pistol plans it does not open for me or is there another way to get to it.
I would love to see them
thanks
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I fixed the link in my previous post. There was a space where there shouldn't have been (ht tp) It works now. They also have plans for a bunch of other firearms related items.

http://defcad.org/liberator/