Need help Home built Firearm question...

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

GeorgeGaskill

Re: Need help Home built Firearm question...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

It would be nice to have something that is "official" that can clearly be referred to in the event the issue ever did come up.

There is only one "official" source on this subject and it is the ATF.

Anyway, maybe a Home Hobbyist Gun smithing forum isn't the right place to find assistance on amateur hobbyist gun smithing topics....

Most home gunsmithing forums are good places to find assistance on amateur gunsmithing topics, but they are bad places to find definitive assistance on legal subjects, even if they are about home gunsmithing subjects. And they are not even close to being official sources.

I understand your frustration, but you are directing it at people who cannot change it.
JackF

Re: Need help Home built Firearm question...

Post by JackF »

UBeGon,

I understand your desire to do things right and to stay within the law. Is your reluctance to go straight to the ATF with your queries because of a fear of becoming a target by the ATF? If so I think you have 3 choices ... 1, Take a chance with the ATF, 2, try to determine yourself what the ATF regs. mean and take a chance, not recommended by me, 3 hire a lawyer who specializes in fed. firearm laws.

Jack.