AutoCAD 2014 anyone?

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Patio

Re: AutoCAD 2014 anyone?

Post by Patio »

An even better picture of the part.
Pivot Bushingb.jpg
This is one part, of a system I am designing, for the speed control of the Cazeneuve lathe.

1/4"X20 thread.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
JackF

Post by JackF »

Dang, forgot again. :evil: Welcome screen # 5. :roll:

Jack.
hwboivin3

Post by hwboivin3 »

GlennW wrote:
hwboivin3 wrote:After scratching my head for a long time, I gave up.
I did too, and just use a leader note to call out thread specs. on areas needing threads :|
For 2d drawings I draw the o.d. and I.d. and then just type in the threads. For 3d I occasionally download a 3d model of a bolt, put it in place, then subtract the bolt from my model.
Patio

Post by Patio »

Fusion 360 will allow you to import any of McCarr Masters products right into the drawing. You can even import other peoples products into the program if they have the data on there site. You can work off line for up to two weeks at a time also.

I imported a spur gear and a rack gear for project I am working on. It would have taken me for ever to draw it from scratch. But then again I am pretty slow anyways.

Want to stress test a design? Yep it does that too.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
Gary Armitstead

Post by Gary Armitstead »

I use McMaster-Carr DXF file format to import parts (bolts, nuts, some of their product parts, etc.) into my MasterCAM drawings. Works great and saves a lot of time drawing these myself. AND I do this even though I have over 25 years experience using the MasterCAM product. It just makes sense to use these files as tools to do the drawing quicker than to do the "mundane" drawing from scratch. Just plain saves time. Time saved is money earned in industry.

Once I have the McMaster-Carr producted imported into my drawing, I will then add a note regarding the size of bolt used along with a "thread specification" note.
Gary Armitstead
Burbank, CA
Member LALS since 1980
Member Goleta Valley Railroad Club 1980-1993