Any thoughts on this welder

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Re: Any thoughts on this welder

Post by steamin10 »

I have both 110V and 220 driven Lincoln red machines. I am happy with their performance within their zone of use. I have reserved the 220 machine for aluminum, and it does a fair job.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
WJH

Post by WJH »

For my birthday present to myself, (wife's permission), I bought an EverLast 160sth. It's a DC only high freq start / Lift Start TIG, and stick machine. So far only used it for TIG, using both HF and lift start.
I am in love with it, couldn't be happier. Enjoy tig welding as much as I do machining, actually probably even more since it just works.
Scott

Post by Scott »

You might want to look over a Tweco 211i..
It's quite amazing on both 120 volt and 240 volt operation. It blows me away the power it makes on either..Something like 160 amps/20 volts on 120 volt input power,/20 amp breaker. The 240 output is something like a 250 amp and 30 volts on the meter. It will spray-arc .035 at it's max..(C-10 gas) It's much more powerful then a something like a MM-210 or Powermig 216 full size machine..Duty-cycle will be limited, but it sure never snaps off, even when pushing it way beyond what it's rated for..

The pic below is 120 volt weld bead.. Wets out nice..
Attachments
bead.jpg
ken572

Post by ken572 »

Good Morning :!: Steve :D

So, Did you purchase a welder yet. :?:

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

No, I decided to pass on that one. I don't need one immediately.

I have oxy-acetylene, but I need to learn how to use it properly. That may take care of a good portion of stuff I need to stick together for now, and my brother has a MIG if I really need one.

I had thought that one might have been a good deal, but it look like maybe not.

Steve