SYNCROWAVE 500

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

choprboy

Re: SYNCROWAVE 500

Post by choprboy »

Vance Nickerson wrote:Had a dedicated 200 amp service installed to feed this beast and was wondering if anyone knew of a proven way to install a dense connector so I could use my flex lock and other torches from my syncrowave 200 without having to take anything apart?
There are a number of different Dinse adapters depending on what you have currently have. You probably want a [my welder model] to flow-thru Dinse socket. Unfortunately, not every combo is available. You will probably have to go the plug/lug to inline block with side gas entry to Dinse socket.
redneckalbertan wrote:Never heard them refered to as dinse connectors before! I guess you learn somethig new everyday
The connectors shown in the picture are not Dinse, but are infact Tweco style. Both are similar in appearance and both can be confusing as they are named after the originating company, though both companies are still active today both manufacture multiple styles of connectors and make other interchange parts.

Dinse-style or "camlock" connectors have a solid shank with a lug block protrusion on the end. It is inserted into a socket with an offset hole and twisted to cam securely. Tweco-style connectors have a split shank with a notch in the end. They are inserted into a tapered socket and twisted to lock in place. There are also different taper-style connectors that are less common. The welder picture shows lug-to-Tweco or lug-to-taper adapter sockets, the M/F cable ends have Tweco connectors.
Vance Nickerson

Post by Vance Nickerson »

Decided to keep the welder it's not for sale any longer.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

We always called cam locks