sievert torch

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

Chris

sievert torch

Post by Chris »

Hello All; I have a Sievert pro 88 torch . Recently the end that the burner tubes screw on got damaged. I was wondering if any of you can tell me the thread size. Hopefully I can repair it. Thanks in advance.
Chris
www.chaski.com
Harold_V

Re: sievert torch

Post by Harold_V »

If you own any reasonable measuring device, you should be able to determine thread size quite easily. Measure the outside diameter, using a caliper or micrometer, then, if you don't own a screw pitch gauge, measure a given length of thread (quarter or half inch will do) and count the number of threads in that distance. Multiply the results to convert the number of threads that would occupy a full inch to determine the proper pitch.

If you happen to own any taps, you can use one of them to see if the thread pitch matches. Taps are marked with the proper pitch, unlike fasteners, which can also be used, although you may or may not know the pitch with fasteners.

If the torch has metric threads, you would measure the distance from the crest of one thread to the distance of the adjacent thread. One millimeter equates to .03937", so you can calculate the pitch (and diameter, assuming it's metric), even when using instruments calibrated in the Imperial system.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.