Miller Blue Star - What Tecumseh engine does it have?

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

ClaudeH

Miller Blue Star - What Tecumseh engine does it have?

Post by ClaudeH »

I just picked up a Miller Bluestar DC welder powered by an electric-start Tecumseh engine. I haven't welded with it yet (I haven't struck an arc in my life!) but it runs, generates electricity and the leads are in fine shape. At $100 I'm tempted top call it a steal, but actually I think it was a bit of a gift.

I'd like to identify just which Tecumseh engine this is so I can obtain service and parts manuals, but the identification sticker which was on the end of the gas tank is mostly worn off.

The welder SN is JA450363, which I think dates it to the early '80s.

Is anyone here familiar with these Bluestars that can help me ID this engine?

TIA!
redneckalbertan

Re: Miller Blue Star - What Tecumseh engine does it have?

Post by redneckalbertan »

A call to Miller or one of its distributed may be beneficial. Your engine appears to be Miller part number 072-367. It appears to be manufactured after Nov. '80 and before Jan. '81. This should be the manual for your welder here: http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o423f_mil.pdf That's about all that I could find for you.

It appears to be similar to an Acklands welder that I have used made by Miller with Orange paint on it. If that is the case you a decent little welder. I was plesantly supprised when I used it for the first time.