Warts in my palms handling welder.

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

Shawnff

Warts in my palms handling welder.

Post by Shawnff »

Hello,
I learnt the basics of welding on my father's Miller Mig welder in the garage. It was fun. After my high school, I did some meager jobs, trying to decide my future. Only my father came for my rescue and advised to learn welding. He send me to a welding school near here. I must say my father was right. But, there is a itty-bitty problem. Even while working with gloves, I can see warts on my palms and fingers. I don't like that. Is there a way to get rid of it?
10KPete

Re: Warts in my palms handling welder.

Post by 10KPete »

Warts are caused by a virus in the skin. There are over-the-counter treatments, many do work. Failing that, see a dermatologist.

I had a few on my fingers. Gone now.

Pete
Just tryin'
spro

Post by spro »

I wore a pair of leather sandals and the tops of my feet got warts. Little warts even around the ankle from the strap. Perhaps I had the virus but something about that leather brought it on. I had to wear socks with those sandals. Something similar may be occurring with those gloves.
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

you can remove them the old fashioned way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4z3x8vaco
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
Carm

Post by Carm »

There is an old time remedy, a blacksmith's slack tub.
The slack tub is where hot iron gets quenched, for whatever reason...heat treating or just cooling to speed up work.
So it will have bits of ferrous scale, coal dust, maybe some borax from welding. Probably stale water.
None of the blacksmiths in my family tree had warts, but maybe we weren't susceptible.
Topical treatment BTW.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

if small work them over with a sea salt scrub.when you wash as skin ph changes so does their ability to use you as a host i have good results wearing nitrite gloves so the skin overheats and the sweat loosens them