Snapon 110 two part welder. Price?

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Snapon 110 two part welder. Price?

Post by steamin10 »

My Son just made a deal to buy a Snapon welder, that has a portable drive away from the machine. It is rated at 140 amp, and this unit has proven itself with a lot of pipe collision cage and race car fitting. Good strong arc with pretty beads under a gas shield for steel. We tried argon, but only got chicken poop, as it was for aluminum. Book says 01 gas, or 1% Oxy to stabilize arc. Using 75-25 for pretty arc.

This machine is 15+ years old, and has the detachable drive box along side the power supply. The rig is fair sized and on a built up cart. It cam with a new gun whip, as the original has broken wiring or something from pulling it around by the whip. New gun functions perfectly.

The owner bought a new model from Snapon, and has no use for this one that looks a little weather worn. Son is offering $400, and willing to go $600 to pwn it. Anybody got a shot at market value on this???
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
hammermill

Re: Snapon 110 two part welder. Price?

Post by hammermill »

well not sure how to value it in your area dave. but snap on sold new on the hi side, my concern would be repair parts. i am sure the equivalent in a shiny new box could hit a couple gran.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

New copy reported at $3100. Snapon always sold on the high side, but has a reputation for standing behind all they sell, even diagnostic electronics. Of course this is beyond such warrentee, but does influence the market.

This unit was rebuiot by Snapon about 4 years ago, and reportedly has all new guts in the cases. I dunno. The owner is well known to us as a straight shooter.

Anywho, the unit is in our possesion, and functions as it should.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
turbokevin81

Post by turbokevin81 »

Looks like you have a good deal..