Hats off to Eastwood

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Hats off to Eastwood

Post by SteveHGraham »

Something incredible happened today.

I ordered a welding cart from Eastwood. I wanted two tiers, so I could put my plasma cutter on the bottom and the welder on the top. I looked all over the place, and it turned out there is one lame Chinese two-tier cart which a bunch of companies sell. I didn't want it, so I decided to try the Eastwood job.

The cart came, and I put it together. One relatively minor part had a deformity. I called and complained. They were not able to pull a part and send it, so...they sent me a second cart.

They do not want the first cart back.

Basically, they gave me a free cart. That's how they handled a minor defect.

The first cart works fine. I had it shimmed up with washers. I can make a new support (the defective part) myself, out of some old conduit and scrap metal I already have.

I was going to sell the first cart and leave the bad part on it, explaining the problem to whoever bought it, but now I think I'll fix the defect and put my bench grinder and some other junk on it. The capacity is 350 pounds, so it will hold a lot of crap. The rear is set up for two big gas bottles. I can store different gases there, or I can modify it and put something else on it. Sweet.

The cart is very sturdy. Much better than the Lincoln cart it replaced. It has a big footprint, but it beats having two big boxes sitting on my shop floor.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
spro

Re: Hats off to Eastwood

Post by spro »

Grand! I would deal with them again. Early Christmas present!
jschoenly

Re: Hats off to Eastwood

Post by jschoenly »

They are right down the street from me. Always a great place to deal with and great deals if you stop in the store!
Jared Schoenly

Cabin Fever Expo
Model Engineering of all sorts.....