Brazing goggles

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

warmstrong1955

Re: Brazing goggles

Post by warmstrong1955 »

I used to keep a couple of boxes of clear bifocal safety glasses like those around for some of the crew.

They were made by Radians, 2.0 and 2.5. Great for reading..... a lot of the guys didn't have prescription safety glasses. The company would pay for 'em too.....who knows....

I use a pair of cheapo Walmart 2.0 reading glasses, especially when I'm arc welding, but also when I'm cutting with a torch. Easier....I don't have to tilt my head just right to see what I'm doing, like I do with my bifocals, and I use a Jackson full face shield for cutting. When arc welding, I can focus a lot faster when I first start the arc if I'm using the reading glasses too, even with an auto darkening hood.

May just be me.....but I have a hard time cutting & welding with bifocals....

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

If you do not mind an extra pair, you can get a set of glasses with the bottom of the bifocal over the whole. Some outfits call them computer glasses. Costs more than the cheapies but if you have astigmatism, they are a good solution.
Lovesthedrive

Post by Lovesthedrive »

I personally use #3 shaded glasses. You can buy them at any welding store. Unlike goggles, there is no strap to get worn out. They have the same features as shop glasses with corner eye protection.

1969 MF 40 Industrial
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I have several shades of those type safty glasses, and I use them for burning.

I am nearsighted, but my weilding requires magnification. So my gold shield helm has a set of jackson 2.0 cheaters in them. My auto helm is straight, and I have to stick my face right in the work, to see the weld. Eventually I will correct that problems too.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.