52" combination shear, brake and roll

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Roman

52" combination shear, brake and roll

Post by Roman »

I'm new to this sheet metal forum so please bare with me as I ask a question that has certainly been asked and probably answered 50 times regarding the 30" and 40" combo machines. But I just ran across a site that is selling 52" combo machines, not a bad option for the home shop that needs the extra capacity occasionally. Anyway, I've read about some of the weaknesses with the 30" machines but haven't heard anything about the 40" machines although I would assume that they have some of the same problems. But one can never tell, maybe the beefer machines perform better which brings me to the 52" combo machine. Here is the link to the site that is selling it http://www.americanmachinetools.com/hand_brake.htm. What do you guys think, have any of you used one or know of one in use. Would appreciate any advice you can give. I would much rather have individual machines but space in my shop is at a premium. I have been mainly working with 22 gauge stainless, mild steel and aluminum. Thanks in advance,

Ron