Vibro-Shear

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Roman

Vibro-Shear

Post by Roman »

A suggestion was made that I post a photo of my vibro shear and some of my work. I have nothing available that I've done but I am posting a photo of a bowl that one of the guys in the shop formed out of 1/16" galvanized sheetmetal. It took him about 15 minutes of just playing around to get to the shape you see. The tooling photos include louvre dies, shearing dies, beading dies, planishing dies, joggle dies and a set of dies I haven't figured out what they could be used for.

The Vibro Shear has a 120VAC, 1HP, 3450 RPM motor that gives 1725 strokes per minute at the head. You really don't want to get your fingers in the way of the dies, even though the stroke is short it still smarts a bit.
oldgoaly

Re: Vibro-Shear

Post by oldgoaly »

Roman,
if you take pics of the tooling we all can guess! i have a pullmax P-7 and have made most of my tooling. Your machine looks like a good one to have.
How much clearance between the top and bottom tool holders? throat depth?

Take care!
tt
clueless near st.louis
Steve_in_Mich

Re: Vibro-Shear

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Roman, that is a nice machine (good size - not too big, but heavy duty). I am not clear on how the fence/guides are used. Seems there is one at the rear of the throat and another lying across the mobile frame on the left side. Beside having an interest in seeing the tooling you have for it I would like to see how you use the fence mechanism. Thanks for the photos, gives me yet another machine to be on the lookout for. What are the X,Y,and Z measurments for it less the base?
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.