Roll Former

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Ralph_Monroe_Mi

Re: wherjagetit?

Post by Ralph_Monroe_Mi »

Wherjagetit?
Is that from Euclid Beach, Geauga Lake, Jeff Gordon's toy box?
Why bother with a Hemi. The cars already politically correct. Put a quarter mile extension cord on it. Rig it so when the cord unplugs it pulls the pin on the chute.
Whatever you do, don't mess with the suspension unless you jack it up a foot or two. You always wanted the experience of a 60's gasser and it should handle at least as good as one. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Jacin

Re: wherjagetit?

Post by Jacin »

Hi Ralph!
That's a "Genuine" Euclid Beach Dodgem Car. Heck I would bet money you probably rode in that very one all them years ago. I would have liked to post a better pic - but I was lazy [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/frown.gif"%20alt="[/img]

It's in decent condition (less some crash dents) and the paint is origional (from the Park anyways)

I converted it over to 24 Volts - a golf cart controller with some other junk out of the scrap bin at work. The motor is a wee bit WEAK (READ SLOW) so I keep measuring for that HEMI [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img] I think I can squeeze the motor in, but I'm not so sure about a transmission - might need to go direct drive !!! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img]
My wife has commented (several times) that I look like a total goof driving in it. But she misses the point - I DON"T CARE!!!!
Maybe I can beef up the power plant and tow the dragster with it at the track.
Only thing - I don't want to "cut" anything. The current conversion is 100% BOLT IN - no mods.
Ever see the guy with the Euclid Beach Rocket Car - it's a REAL TRIP to see him cruisin down I-271 or I-90 !!!!!
Greg_S

Re: Bench top Nibbler

Post by Greg_S »

Jacin,
If you decide to coax home one of those Pullmax nibblers sometime, I have my usual two cent opinion. Hold out for one with a pneumatic tool actuator. Since you will be buying a used machine, it won't cost a dime more and you will thank yourself all the years you run it. In fact, each time you run it. Once you've operated one with it, you'll think the other way is completely awkward.
Jacin

Post by Jacin »

Hi Greg,
I'm ALL ears. BUT I'm not familiar with the Pneumatic tool holder at all. Could you explain how it is used/advantages?

Thanks
Greg_S

Post by Greg_S »

Jacin,
On the 'standard' issue old Pullmax nibblers, you have the lever on the left hand side of the crankcase that you lower down the reciprocating upper tool to your panel. This requires using one of your hands for this and holding panel alignment one handed until you get going. Not always a problem, depending on what you are doing. You may have the panel against the fence, etc. and still be able to hold it firm. But there are so many other cases where you'd like to have your eyes glued to the work and both hands on the panel. Pullmax offered a pneumatic tool actuator that was run with a foot pedal that was loose out on the floor where ever you wanted it. It ran an air cylinder mounted horizontaly at the top of the machine and pulled either a rack gear or worm gear (I forget which) that would lower and/or raise the 'live' upper tool at will. I'm telling you, if you've run one with that option there is no other way to fly IMHO. That option isn't that rare either so don't feel like you're looking for a Cougar Eliminator or something. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"%20alt="[/img]