Soda Fountain

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Jacin

Soda Fountain

Post by Jacin »

Hi Guys, Well since Sheet Metal has been so slow lately I figured I'd show my latest project. It's nothing very impressive, but instead was one of those things that got lost for years on my to do list!!!! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I bought a soda fountian for my rec room many years ago. However when I bought it- it was missing (among other things) the cover for the freezer section. By studying the "scratch marks" I deducted that the shape was infact the boring square that I tried to reproduce. The origional was made out of 3 sections, but clearly made it difficult to access the section below and since I scrounged a piece of much larger door off some other fountain I decided it would be good enough in two pieces. Better than a hole anyways!!! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/blush.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I also loved the fact that the piece I scrounged was properly "weathered" and would at least "look right" (read: appropriately worn)

The bottom piece was a little tricky since my bend brake didn't like the close reverse bend. I thought about press forming it in my press with some junk tooling, but since I needed but a single part I quickly decided against that.

I haven't yet fully crimped the bottoms in tight since I probably ought to put some insulation in it first. In the mean time I am ready for the next rugrats b-day party!!!!!!
Patenteux47

Re: Soda Fountain

Post by Patenteux47 »

Looks like original equipment. Nice job. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img]