TRIOK 3 IN 1 MACHINES

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

FLIP

TRIOK 3 IN 1 MACHINES

Post by FLIP »

:( Hello to all. I am in need of information on the TRIOK 3 in 1 machine (600 mm wide). Any comments, or help to make adjustments to the various settings will be appreciated. If you can help me with an owners manual it will be super.
Thanking you.
FLIP

TRIOK 3 in 1 Machines

Post by FLIP »

:D
I have received a pamphlet on the TRIOK machine, it tells me what the machine can do and what it's limits are. I still need an instruction manual that will help me with setting and adjusting the machine, or was I supposed to learn these in my apprenticeship years? Any of my fellow senior artisans out there that can help me?

It looks like the machine was manufactured by the MASCOTOOLS Manufacturer Corp. in NANTOU, Taiwan. I could not get any info on the company (e-mail, address) on internet. Is it still opperating or was itt taken over by some other firm? Any help on this part?

Thanking you for help
Ries

Post by Ries »

I am pretty sure the Triok was originally manufactured in the USA,way back in about 1980. An original Triok will have the words "Triok by Trador" cast in relief into the main frame, in letters about an inch tall.

These were the original 3 in 1 sheet metal machine, and the ones I have seen are much better quality than the Taiwan imitations.
However, its quite possible the Taiwanese bought the name sometime later, and made their own "Triok" machines.

Most of the Taiwan 3 in 1 machines I have seen have not been very well made. They are usually quite generous in their stated capacity, and usually will not shear much thicker than 22 ga steel (.031", or about 7mm) They will roll, and bend, slightly thicker material.

In terms of using one, they are much like a standard press brake, shear, or rolls- so basic sheet metal books would cover much of their operation.
I personally like Leo Meyer's book, Sheet Metal Shop Practice, which covers all basic sheet metal techniques. I am not sure how available this is in South Africa- here in North America, used copies are quite reasonable. Even with shipping, I would think it would be valuable- it is a textbook for sheet metal apprentices, so it starts out with measuring and marking, then goes thru using every major hand and machine for working with sheet metal, along with sample projects.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... actice&x=0

You should be able to download, for free, a copy of the manual for the Grizzly or Jet 3 in 1 machine, which will be very similar to yours-
For instance, go to this website,
http://www.grizzly.com/manuals.aspx
and download the pdf for G4011, which should be similar to yours.
FLIP

Post by FLIP »

Thank you Ries I will try to get hold of the book mentioned as well as the pdf file on the grizzly. I appreciate your help, will ask again if it is OK with you.

Flip
OneOldCat

Post by OneOldCat »

Flip,

You might want to take a look at eBay for a copy of that book on sheet metal work - there's usually quite a lot of that kind of thing for sale. There's also an off-chance you might find something more there about Triok machinery, too.

Just a thought... :)
Making little ones out of big ones, and then trying to assemble big ones out of little ones...

"Engineering, after all, is determining the correct wrench to bash the proper screw into the appropriate size and shape slot..."
FLIP

TRIOK 3-IN-ONE MACHINES

Post by FLIP »

Thank you OneOldCat, will do so.
Can you perhaps say off hand approx. how thick a 20 gauge sheet is in millimeters? I believe that is the maximum thickness to be cut on these machines.
OneOldCat

Post by OneOldCat »

Flip,

To a certain extent, the thickness/gauge (or gage) relationship depends on kind of metal, and which standard is used.

Take a look at http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/g ... SteelGage1 , and you can see that, assuming the commonest U.S. gauge (or gage) measurement, which is the Steel Gage, 20 gauge is about 0.036" thick.

As they say, Your Mileage May Vary...

It will also depend somewhat on the origin/quality of the equipment just how much capacity you have available. I've seen statements elsewhere, for instance, that lead me to believe that some makers of Asian-source machinery, for instance, tend to be rather optimistic about what their machines' capacities really are.

Hope that helps a bit... :)
Making little ones out of big ones, and then trying to assemble big ones out of little ones...

"Engineering, after all, is determining the correct wrench to bash the proper screw into the appropriate size and shape slot..."
FLIP

TRIOK 3 IN ONE MACHINES

Post by FLIP »

OneOldCat
Thank you for the info
God bless