Miller MSW-42 Spot Welder

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Scott

Re: Spot Timer

Post by Scott »

Come on guys,just when I thought I was finally done buying welders,You had to bring up spot welders!Whats next the electron beam welder I can't live without?
oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly »

Scott
do you have a plasma cutter? sure is nice to have!
how about 3 or 4 mig welders with diferent wire(s/s, aluminum)
for different materials?
(tool disease it's contageous very very contageous)

tt
<smile>
no known cure for it!
clueless near st.louis
Scott

Post by Scott »

Two of them,and four welders,not counting the O/A setup.Lets see # 1 is just a wirefeed,#2 is a stick,dc tig,pulse mig python aluminum wire feed,also steel mig# 3 is a welding generator that's dc lift arc tig,stick,wire feed with voltage sensing feeder.#4 is a ac/dc inverter with stick,and pulse dc tig,and will pulse on ac,for what reason I don't know.

I did trade a couple in so there is still hope.Then on the way in from using my new python setup,I thought wouldn't it be cool if I had the MK Products feeder to hook the python up to my engine drive.

So the point is I am nuts,and too far gone to save! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Miller MSW-42 Spot Welder

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Nice guy that Dean is, he let me bring the spot welder home. Pic attached. I need to help find him a 11"-13' lathe with 36" between centers. Logan, Clausing, Southbend. Anyone know of anything in the Southwest?

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
ebgto

Re: Miller MSW-42 Spot Welder

Post by ebgto »

I am new to this board, so hopefully this is new. I have been considering buying one of these for car restoration (60's) where I will replacing panels and therefore many of the factory original spot welds. Other car guys recommended just plug welding with a MIG and not bother buying the spot welder. Anyone have any experience or recommnedation either way? I'll doing quite few welds and spot welding sounds a heck of a lot faster. Are these hand helds truly strong enough to provide adequate spot welds on a car?