Heads up on furnace and burner construction

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

Roy

Heads up on furnace and burner construction

Post by Roy »

ANyone that may be in the process of wanting to build a home foundry furnace or burner, may be better off waiting a few more months to start if its possible. There is supposedly a new book in the process of being proofread at this time, and supposedly printed by early spring, that has a lot of info on a new style furnace and burners fired with propane that are supposed to be up to twice the output of the older commonly seen furnace burners now in use by hobby founders and also more efficiency even with the higher output. The new furnace has to be built to accomodate the new style burner, but other than construction details, prices on making the new style furnace or burners is not an issue with costing more to do.
Cliff

Re: Heads up on furnace and burner construction

Post by Cliff »

Is this anything like Hybrid Burners?
Roy

Re: Heads up on furnace and burner construction

Post by Roy »

Not from what I have been told. Its supposedly a totally different type of burner. But the furnace itself has to be moded or constructed to accomodate it. You can easily slip in a hybrid burner in any furnace that had a monstor or mongo or other normally found home brew burner without any furnace mod's.

I myself am looking forward to see what it entails. Twice the output n the sme fuel consumption from what I heard......maybe too good to be true but one never knows.

IIRC the parties that created the Hybrid burners supposedly parted company a while back, and only the person that markets the hybrid burners on the web is still actively involved in those burners.