home shop machinist bbs

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

ctwo

Re: home shop machinist bbs

Post by ctwo »

Hey Ken. It's multiple computers, and the same site because I've tested it. Not a cookie or user PC issue.

Plain and simple, the vBulletin software has weaknesses that are being exploited on those sites.

Thanks!
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

Or this

http://blog.sucuri.net/2015/01/adsense- ... paign.html
I wonder, how come Google allows advertisers to use code that produces potentially harmful side effects such as unauthorized redirects. I realize that Google wants to provide advertisers with some level of flexibility in managing their campaigns and use allows to use scripts off of their own sites. I also realize that the at the moment of the initial ad reviews those scripts didn’t do anything malicious and only began misbehaving after they had been approved. But anyway, there should be a better control over third-party scripts. Such redirects are not the only bad thing we can expect from third-party script. They can easily contain browser exploits. And even perfectly legitimate scripts may be modified if their site gets hacked. If Google doesn’t control scripts in their ads, AdSense may eventually turn into the largest malvertising platform despite of the still prevailing opinion that that Google Ads are probably the most safe ad network out there.
I installed AdBlockPlus to my Chrome browser and the redirect stopped. Seems like it is a banner ad on their site.
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
WJH

Post by WJH »

ctwo wrote:Or this

http://blog.sucuri.net/2015/01/adsense- ... paign.html

I wonder, how come Google allows advertisers to use code that produces potentially harmful side effects such as unauthorized redirects. I realize that Google wants to provide advertisers with some level of flexibility in managing their campaigns and use allows to use scripts off of their own sites. I also realize that the at the moment of the initial ad reviews those scripts didn’t do anything malicious and only began misbehaving after they had been approved. But anyway, there should be a better control over third-party scripts. Such redirects are not the only bad thing we can expect from third-party script. They can easily contain browser exploits. And even perfectly legitimate scripts may be modified if their site gets hacked. If Google doesn’t control scripts in their ads, AdSense may eventually turn into the largest malvertising platform despite of the still prevailing opinion that that Google Ads are probably the most safe ad network out there.
No, it's chrome, and it's Google synching your plugins across all your computers. There's adware installed as a plugin to your chrome browser. I switched to Mac and Safari, no issues.