Looking for mentor/teacher in SW Michigan

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

haggard616

Looking for mentor/teacher in SW Michigan

Post by haggard616 »

My name is Nick and I'm 26. I'd like to find someone nearby who is willing to teach me how to use a lathe/mill/etc. I would be willing to help around your shop/garage on any projects.. I have a couple projects I could come up with and of course I will pay for all materials. heck, i'll clean out your attic if you let me tag along in the shop so I can soak up some knowledge.
My schedule is pretty much open- I have a disability called Cystic Fibrosis. I recently fell ill and couldn't work full time anymore. I'm on the mend and doing better.. but I now have a lot of free time I'm trying to fill. I'm hoping to learn how to use the machinery so I can purchase my own and know how to use it. It would give me something to do at home.
I live in Three Oaks. It's a town in Berrien county, about 20 minutes south of Benton Harbor. If your near this area and willing to let me come by, please email me- nhaggard07@yahoo.com
redneckalbertan

Re: Looking for mentor/teacher in SW Michigan

Post by redneckalbertan »

Welcome to the forum! I know you listed you location in the message, ut i would encourage you to add it to yojr profile, that way it will show up beside every post. Its nice to know where the people are from with whom you are talking, and I can't remember where everyone is from just from an introduction. To do this, click on control panel in the upper right corner, then click on profile in the left hand box, fill out the appropiate information, then click on submit at the bottom to sav3 the information.

There's a good bunch of folks on the site here who are willing to help, regardless of the question and how "stupid" it is. I have found that as long as you are willing to learn, feel free to ask! Whether you find a mentor here or not, stick around there is a great wealth of knowledge here.