Titanic Who would You be ?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Titanic Who would You be ?

Post by spro »

Most everyone has some recollection of some movie or account of the Titanic. In all representation there are different types of people. It is so compelling and we wonder for must wonder who we would be. I suppose many would say they were the fellows, heck they weren't fellows, they had a title. They were master engine or electrical crew dammit I don't even know their Titles and they sacrificed themselves so that power for the pumps and electricity for lighting could go on. They worked in faith that others would save that grand ship's passengers. We don't even know their names. I'm certain that in some city or town their names were street names. Time passed and planning caused those names to be out of sync and eventually removed. People used to whatever.. sailors and going back to sea .. oh boy and momma with a kid and stuff.
Manohman the bravery and outright sacrifice for others is in our bloodstream. That is only One of the types of people who are upon that vessel at that time. "Types" is incorrect. They are all individuals. But I'm only asking Where and who are you in this sort of calamity?
Perhaps a sea cruise is as much unlikely with many here as it seems for me now.
Digressment; I would be, perchance trying to lift someone wh o wouldn't cooperate out of the area when the water was knee deep in the electricals and it was freakin killing us while trying to.. then the explosions.. this is it then it turns to black.
there were many who tried and when you are laying in a grave or think you are, you TRIED!
spro

Re: Titanic Who would You be ?

Post by spro »

Because, you see, we have only one shot at trying. Well that doesn't make sense by itself but aside from psychopaths and animals, WE must imprint this world for good or wrestle with the lack thereof. That requires strength and that is why it is required.
The answer is to erode the strength from under because it is no longer good. Erode the foundation. Make it so it has no strength.
For the luvaMike, people here do not follow the disinformation. We are builders and creators, cogent thoughts within us. The spirits of generations before live in our blood. These terms be used by pretenders but they are real terms if the person is real.
It makes no sense to acquire machine tools and the hassle of setting them up. Getting well acquainted with them. Have some stock, think about some alternate way of powering at least one machine at a time.
Can't talk politics or against religion to the bitter end of warming but there is a position to where we must accept our place. We should prepare for that place while we can still try. Trying is no longer an option in the foreseeable future.
AND this did not have to be now at our time. Yet it was going to happen and when do you suppose that was to be?
spro

Post by spro »

There are heroes who do the work to protect a grand ship. The ship was America. In all the recent occurrences there is a central thread. That is to sink the ship. Whether it is hyped up riots or stupid decisions.
It's all about votes to make it happen.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Uh, the Titanic was one of three sister ships, built for the Canard line (English) for service on the burgeoning Transatlantic Trade for people in their restless motions, as the world watched Europe slide towards war, and the immigrant trade was heating up. Sister ship Britanic was nearly as oppulant, was completed first, but proved to have problems that were dealt with on Titanic, and size dictated ticket price and economic yield. However Titanic was crewed by British, and built by Harland and Wolfe around Belfast Ireland. The largest moving man-made object in the world, a story of engineering guesses, and pushing limits. The space shuttle of its day. My Grandfather was impressed, but lost friends in its demise.

It had nothing to do with American interests, although The American lines competed for the 'Blue Riband' for speed of crossing, with the movers and players of ocean liner trades. Eventually Cunard-America lines merged and became the premier passenger company, of its days.

Look up Andrea Doria - Stockholm collision, about 1956. Another Ooops!

A classic Murphy failure of small things gone wrong, what if Titanic had survived the night? How about missing the berg by 50 yards? How would the world have changed?

The Cunard line was absorbed by Carnival in '98, and is the only shipping company to offer scheduled transatlantic passenger service between Europe and the US. Carnival is of course serving other routes in the East and West coasts of the Americas.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
spro

Post by spro »

Different but it already happened. What I'm asking, is, who would you be? The fortress is collapsing . It isn't a fortress because it is porous. That is a parallel situation many of you support. I cannot change the mind of those who stand on one.
spro

Post by spro »

We are all going to pay for this.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Sounds all too political---a subject that is best not discussed on this board. (Actually forbidden, in fact!)

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

I've said enough and not worth our time to untwist considerations. They remain. We've been around long enough to see. Yet there are others who are supposed to be adequate for their positions to take these burdens off of us. This lack of ... I have for gotten the word. It makes one uneasy.