No longer spring

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

No longer spring

Post by spro »

What was that old saying, " a young man's heart turns to love" ? Many a young and older man's heart turns to beating back lawns and places the flora will take. It ain't all roses and honeysuckle. It is poison mixed between and no good except a bother and a rash to someone. So there were machines and I like a mower and I dig a flail mower to things which think they have the upperhand. There's something about beating an invasive to death and ripping its very roots out, which can work for flora, for a minute. We just deal with it and groom our space knowing it will deal with us, eventually.
Roots and vines have an interesting relationship with each other. Their world is of course the underworld and sometimes a root will pass around while fingering an elder tree. It picks up the state of that tree root and goes further to rob it of water. It doesn't climb as a young benign vine and grow to eventually choke it.
There is something about this which is pretty heavy and complicated. Of course this is just ramble but trees as we see them are only the snorkel to get their co2 and sun for growth. There is a battle underground and some of it makes sense to me.
That means I'm older than I'd prefer if I was younger.
spro

Re: No longer spring

Post by spro »

Lone Star tic is a small tic which can plague a person. There are many and almost invisible. You may think it is chiggers because they itch but they are setting up tunnels under the skin. The clear nail polish to suffocate them isn't effective. They are a parasite and there are traces. I thought I mentioned this before but there is an evidence of black specks in sheets and coverings. That is dead tics which have engorged themselves with blood and finally died. It looks like pepper.
There were different plagues over time and we must know the old ones can reappear now. It doesn't help that latent pests as poison sumac lower our resistance to these aggressive strains of mosquitos and black flies. The Deer tic is infecting people with lyme disease in the northern counties and working their way West.
Super DEET can only be an answer for so long. I expect that to be outlawed soon, for it is only rational that it would, these days.
Before that happens it will cost even more and some will resort to wiping kerosene or nasty old gas on their skin.