Viva la France

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Viva la France

Post by spro »

Where? The junk ? I know amidst all the other carnage and depravity, mass murder isn't supposed to be here. Something needs said about France. They are screwed up a different way. They are the ion between the positron and electron and have been. There is an inscrutable place and it isn't China. From the beginning of our Nation to points we cannot know, France has been with us, as we have been with them.
During this time of shared loss, remember the current. The current will change...and that is France will not. That is what we see. The graves at Normandy hold shared blood and less remembered, those of WW1 exist. Groomed and remembered and they took the fire. They were blown apart to remove the stench of the Nazis. They were put against walls with threat of death to rat on their neighbors. We weren't there.
We share their loss and will remember this. In a way, the innocent were martyrs. There were innocent and Martyrs before this. Something else will be done.
Mr Ron

Re: Viva la France

Post by Mr Ron »

I wonder if their law had permitted citizens to carry a concealed weapon, if the outcome would have been different. A good reason to support gun rights in this country. My prayers go with the freedom loving French people. Viva la France.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
spro

Post by spro »

It could have been different. Either way, we see what's coming. Viva La France, Long live America!
spro

Post by spro »

I did fly the French Republic Flag a few hours. Becoming dark and rain and something more. A few years ago I removed my flag holder from the left column and attached it to the right column. It was a statement and of course seen opposite. Well another flag holder is to be attached today, like very soon. There will be my American flag and the France flag. If they get wet, I will take them in and dry them off. I will put them out again. This is more than a clue to the future.
Around here they would gouge and smash windows if you had a McCain bumper sticker. Big O was an insurance policy and that was years ago.
They haven't figured out France yet and that is good.
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

....and the French artists and intellectuals protested their government's actions.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

There are always whiners. I hear they have a different taste in wines over there, with the 4 day work week.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.