Replacement for Dead Sprinkler Pump

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

tornitore45

Re: Replacement for Dead Sprinkler Pump

Post by tornitore45 »

I had good luck selecting tradesman after reviewing the ratings on http://www.homeadvisor.com
Internet rating are tricky to decipher, you need to read between the lines.
Everybody has bad ratings instances but you have to figure whether the customer is a moron or the tradesman is consistently a louse.
Anyway after all is sorted out you end up with less than a handful of potential business.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Indiana can seem backwards at times. I complain that Red Robin and other designer burger joints get $10 for a sandwich, and then we have sit down restaurants with T-bone and trimmings for $16. Guess where I eat?

When it comes to simple repairs, I dont hesitate to cut a piece of pipe to make it easy access. Once the mess is on 'the bench' it is a lot easier to dissect what is left. PVC is a no brainer. What gets me is the quality of the work, at the beginning. Operating a paint brush, or keeping the mineral side up on roofing is not rocket science. Yet I see roofers get premium dollar for work that looks like a cartoon. Around here, too many claimed 'tradesman' are criminals, alcoholic or both.

That includes flashing that leaves scars on a building. That is really non-pro. My daughter does house painting, and landscaping for a couple of commercial restaurants. Mostly referral, she is quite busy, and fairly paid.

My daughter and I did her mother-in laws roof, using two coil guns. I showed her some trips and tricks to watch for, and provided the straps for the walk boards for the 5/12 roof. (Roof jacks).
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I used to go to Five Guys on occasion as a treat. I could blow $11 on fast food and not feel too bad. When I saw $16.34 on my bill, for the same food, I felt they were deliberately insulting me.

That may not be the correct picture, though. Supposedly some of the stores jacked up their prices to stir up awareness about the cost of socialized medicine.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.