As Enco Goes...

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

As Enco Goes...

Post by SteveHGraham »

Has anyone else noticed that Enco has gone nuts with sales and free shipping over the last few months?

I am wondering if this means we're going back into a recession. Enco supplies companies that make things and provide services, so if they're getting hungry, something is up.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
WesHowe

Re: As Enco Goes...

Post by WesHowe »

Actually, no I haven't. MSC went nuts is the view from here.

I never did business with MSC, did a good bit with Enco. I moved recently, still do not have my shop 100% yet, so I haven't been buying much except stuff I can pick up at Home Depot. So I haven't worried about it, but I quit getting Enco emails, instead they send me the same sort of MSC discount coupons deals.

Someone detailed how these two companies are under common ownership in another thread.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

MSC owns Enco. They ship out of the same building in Fernley here in Nevada. Not sure if that's true in other warehouse locations.

I've been getting flooded with specials the last few months by both of 'em.
Used to be, I'd have to wait at least 4 weeks, usually more, to see a 20% off sale. Now it's every other week.
Free truck freight was nonexistent. Now....every Friday.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Seems like nice stuff is showing up on Craigslist again, like it did after the big market dump of the last decade.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

if i can believe what i read the consumer is not spending money. even with aleged jobs up and gas down. maybe it is all going to health care.
spro

Post by spro »

Well UnitedHealthCare lost over $650,000,000 in 2015. They are backing out the scam they and aaarp helped make. Wait a minute, most of the larger insurance co.'s were into it, also.
We are all screwed but there is an angle to each screw job. No problemo.
Treetop

Post by Treetop »

SteveHGraham, I have noticed the same thing re: the increased frequency of Enco sales offers and I also wondered the same thing. IMO, yes I think that industrial suppliers like Enco, MSC, etc. are some of the nation's "canaries in the coal mine". Treetop
Semper Fidelis, Treetop
spro

Post by spro »

Welcome to the board Treetop! There is something going on and like the weather, winter one day summer next. I think climate change is largely the absence of trees.. I endure some crap trees but their root network is larger than we see and they buffer the weather changes in ways not reported. So yes. There is something going on but hazard to mention what it is..
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure sound financial principles collected through hard experience over millennia are wrong, and what we're doing is going to work just fine.

:roll:
RONALD

Post by RONALD »

I bought from the old Enco, when they were located in Chicago, and you could just walk in and get what you wanted, but, it was of marginal quality even then. If I wanted a little better quality I bought from Manhattan Supply Company, which was in New York and collected no sales tax. When they later expanded all over the country, including Illinois, as MSC, and then started collecting sales tax, I decreased my purchasing and switched to Travers Tool Company located only in NY. I get daily sales emails from both of them all 365 days of the year, I have seen no real change in their sales offers compared to other years.