Best Tool to Remove Small Concrete Hump from Floor

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Best Tool to Remove Small Concrete Hump from Floor

Post by spro »

Git 'er done with safety goggles, not glasses. I have two sections of floor I keep as a memory They are 13" thick and 12" wide columns. Reinforced concrete with interlaced 5/8" re bar. There are eight cuts thru the rebar. Great plant stands now.
spro

Post by spro »

I gave the impression that I actually cored these floors. I didn't contract or actually do that work. Part of my job at that time was protection to important equipment while the coring was done. There was containment and contained spaces of vacuum where everything had to work while modifications were done. There was slurry and drain chutes in order to maintain the operation while not compromising delicate equipment. I was involved but didn't operate the equipment. There were more ripened members of our team who engineered how it could be done. I was but one element of many successful operations.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I finally found a cheap answer. DeWalt makes a cupped diamond wheel that fits my 4.5" angle grinder. I looked for something like that at Home Depot, and I couldn't find it, but their website claims it's there waiting for me.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
kstanonik

Post by kstanonik »

Since it sounds like the project is a one off, Harbor freight sells the Diamond Cup wheels for 4" grinders
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

kstanonik wrote:Since it sounds like the project is a one off, Harbor freight sells the Diamond Cup wheels for 4" grinders
I've bought and used several diamond wheels from HF, including one of their cup wheels. All have served very well except for the cup wheel, which was woefully out of balance. Way too much to be useful. I managed to get the level of vibration down to an acceptable level by installing balancing screws in the existing holes. Much better, but far from perfect.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.