Bogus Man

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Bogus Man

Post by spro »

It was so wrong to a allude to a particular piece of a different time. I recently found(because I hadn't looked for years) it has been so convoluted and corrupted, I can only apologize for mentioning a title or a band.
Sometimes a band drives a message in a song and becomes what you think it means. In this case, an earlier version meant something. Even then it was dicey because if it was direct, that would be wrong.
So I thought I could mention and the concept slipped away to sometime else. Fruitcakes anyone,? THC and antibiotics included.
It was the tambre, the beat and interlaced frequency harmonics at that time. The message I thought I heard, is not what they said.
There are many lyrics which I thought one way and they meant the other.
We are the bogus men?
I was never part of that freakshow except two or three albums. Of them, interesting pieces which again achieved harmonics at the times.
But there was a message and it isn't mine.
So, long after that, I listened and enjoyed Irish music and acoustical instruments and mountain bands. "Classical" music set me straight as I became more aware. It was all there.
SteveR

Re: Bogus Man

Post by SteveR »

Music is good for the brain - all kinds - but some resonate more than others.

I got an IPhone for xmas and with ITunes, I am building up my library after years of neglect. To the point that I just downloaded the best of Pavarotti - he is fantastic. For me in general, opera not so much. It will get its own playlist.

Spro - is this link to Roxy correct? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-J1tCQwvg.

To me this is similar to Deadmau5 - Electronic Dance Music.

All good.
SteveR
12x36 Enco Lathe, 9x42 Bridgeport, SMAW, O/A, Miller MIG w/gas, plasma
Not enough measuring tools...
1.5" Allen Models Consolidation on air.
1" FEF in progress
1" & 3/4" LE Projects
Measure twice, cut once, wait - it was supposed to be brass! :)
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

SteveR wrote:Music is good for the brain - all kinds - but some resonate more than others.
So true that my daughter who is a music string teacher, middle and high, based her Master's thesis on the fact that kids who took music did much better in all the rest of their subjects, math included. (BA at The Ohio State University '99: MPhil at The University of Cambridge, UK '08)

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
spro

Post by spro »

It was crazy to post this and even more to follow the utube link Steve R provided. With some exceptions, it opened up that which I needed to suppress. I saw and heard again what was. If somebody experiences this for the first time, it is quite disjointed. Don't see/listen to "Virginia Plain". gateway ...
NP317

Post by NP317 »

earlgo wrote:
SteveR wrote:Music is good for the brain - all kinds - but some resonate more than others.
So true that my daughter who is a music string teacher, middle and high, based her Master's thesis on the fact that kids who took music did much better in all the rest of their subjects, math included. (BA at The Ohio State University '99: MPhil at The University of Cambridge, UK '08)

--earlgo
For one of my several professional lifetimes, I taught biomedical electronics for 12 years -specific to one manufacturer. I taught all over the USA, in Mexico, and several locations in Europe. My students were a mixture of technicians, and engineers, and sometimes paramedics.

Point of interest: Being a musician, there were times when explanations had useful musical analogs for how specific electronic circuits functioned, and I used them. I always queried the class to identify who were the engineers, techs, and musicians.
About 90% of the time, the engineers were also the musicians! Hmmm.

I came to the conclusion that musicians gained mathematical abilities beyond non-musicians!
And this from a retired concert violinist.
~Russ

-People ask me why I build steam locomotives.
I ask them: "Have you seen the news lately?"-
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I agree.
I wish I could remember the details, but some time ago I read how listening to classical music raised, albeit temporarily, the IQ of listeners.
True? Dunno, but it is interesting.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

I don't have any working turntables nor the music which penetrated before. This thing about Roxy again put me back to when Brian Ferrey used his vocals as an instrument, covering ranges which the pitch of the band could follow to extremes. Serious artists lived and passed and opening this up, is what is again. It can't be this. He knew it. I watched a 2014 video and in my mind, remembered lyrics of that song of 30 plus years ago. I think the guy was searching for love, like we all do when we can. It was hyper to crack the envelope yet true to the ability of message and electronics to leave an impression.
So he isn't as spry as he was 30 years ago and the band members are newer . That is the way it goes.
spro

Post by spro »

There was an interlude beyond music which continues. Perhaps one hears 21 shots fired in the distance. That One Reason puts aside all this thought about some band.
spro

Post by spro »

Interesting trip and not what I thought it would be. In Europe at the time, electronic synthesizers like the Putney, Moog and Arp were mastered by people who really had no musical training. They had heart, ego something and practice, practice practice with the band. Many elements of the early synthesizers were tailored to the specific setting throughout any one use. There were banks of oscillators set to frequencies which either responded to the keyboard or were mixed into harmonics when needed.
The very best thing is an active filter or VCF. The stuff you could do with active filters was pretty neat. Old news now.
Far as I know the band was hetro. Secure in that, they pushed the envelope with flash and bending the norm. Raw power concealed and perhaps leading into another time.
Another time happened. Then another. I cannot totally disassociate myself from the massacre for I know the compulsion of special beat at special time of zany days of youth. but I got away from that. Far away to be drawn in again.
I think this has a more sinister meaning which was devised as scattershot. There IS a determination to remove whatever Amendment you think I'm talking about. Unlike FAF which was exposed early to its intention, peppering society with those antithetical to existing citizens creates the same effect.
The solution is obvious because they set the reasons.
spro

Post by spro »

This should be removed. It isn't about a bogus "man" anymore. We've weathered through years of that. Just when you think you have seen the height of bogus, it is no longer man. The trip down memory lane served no purpose and they didn't know either. It all folds away to be discarded. I didn't realize how further exploitive the albums' covers had become nor whatever message.
It was. It is gone. We have better things on our table and blank frank didn't get there.
Perhaps visit the Cemetery. Men and Women gave their lives while others had time for relative nonsense. There is a debt long unpaid. . So I leave this from where I started.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

SteveR wrote:... I just downloaded the best of Pavarotti - he is fantastic. For me in general, opera not so much.
Love Pavarotti, can't stand opera. Makes it kinda difficult except around Christmas time.

Steve
spro

Post by spro »

Interesting the different beats and Yes, being able to mature to another appreciation within a life span. Then to be fluid in appreciation of many more. Some of us recognize the singers of our parents music and it really does come the way they heard it and the bands then. We can understand know the setting that was then. Dressed to the Nines. Gal fretting about if she looked good enough in her new dress and her guy would sooth her worries. She was the sparkle in his eye and they had a great time.