I've done a very bad thing

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

stephenc

Re: I've done a very bad thing

Post by stephenc »

Hey how mad can she get ... while I still haven't figured out my thought process and how I got from , there's a credit .card in my freezer to I'll just use once to buy myself a new power feed .
I think I showed remarkable constraint in not including a rotary table with it .

Besides ... it wasn't me ... the dog did it .
pete

Post by pete »

Well "that dog" probably just bought you the most expensive shop accessory you'll ever dare to own by the time you get done paying it off the multiple times it's actual worth just as soon as she can think of the 50 or more somethings that might be judged suitable as punishment. A real Servo PF at twice the price will seem more than cheap quite soon I'm sure. You better hope she doesn't think of having a yard sale of all YOUR tools someday when your not home. :-)
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

stephenc wrote:Hey how mad can she get ...
Does the name Lorena Bobbitt ring a bell for you? :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

I always have envied those that can come up with a limerick at the drop of a hat.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
WesHowe

Post by WesHowe »

A machinist from Austin named Mauro,
Was riven with a terrible sorrow.
"I can't make it rhyme,
I've tried time after time."
But he'll still be trying tomorrow.
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

Ok Wes you are a charm.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
juiceclone

Post by juiceclone »

most parts of the US, what u did was illegal. Keep that in mind ....u now owe her your butt.
stephenc

Post by stephenc »

Woo hoo.. big brown truck day :)
Hopefully I can get this little guy bolted on and working before the little lady comes home and asks any questions.

Juiceclone .. legal ,illegal. . .. who cares . I don't know you relationship status .
But while I'm not married after 10 years together we might as well be .

I have a pretty good idea that most of the long time married guys here know where I am coming from here ... who leaves a credit card in the freezer , that's just asking for something to be charged :)

So with that in mind ... will she be ticked off when the bill comes , not really .
Will she play it up and use it as leverage to get something she wants ?
You can bet your favorite child she will ... but in the end it isn't a big deal , or any deal for that matter . I have my doubts that she will even mention it anytime soon .

That would be to easy ... she is much much more likely to pay the bill and wait until she wants something big done .. then wield it like the hammer of Thor .

Anyhoo. ... woo hoo I have a power feed
Attachments
20170828_120642.jpg
stephenc

Post by stephenc »

An hour's worth of work , two hours of playing and it's done !

So first impressions. . It works great , no issues there .
But I am glad I decided to make a change on the limit switch .
The instructions want you to drill and tap two new holes to mount the limit switch .

I thought about it for a few minutes and I just didn't like that idea at all . At some time In the future I want to add a digital readout , when that happens the limit switch will have to go .. and knowing my luck the holes wouldn't work out for the dro and who wants to have a bunch of extra holes in thier machine .

So I did the easiest thing possible ... and it's something grizzly should do instead of having guys drill and tap two new holes in the mill .
I drilled two holes in the bracket to match holes already in the saddle .
Took about thirty seconds .

And boy am I glad I did it that way ... the limit switch is going to have to go .
It makes it hard to see the dial . I'll use it for a little while to get used to things and maybe save a crash .

But in the long run if I want limit switches , I'll come up with a better solution then what grizzly supplies.

Other then that ... happy as clam :)
Attachments
20170828_161511.jpg
larry_g

Post by larry_g »

I have a picture in my mind of a gal dressed minimal leather, tall black boots, and has a whip...

Punish me baby....

lg
no neat sig line
I am unique, just like everyone else.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

stephenc wrote:who leaves a credit card in the freezer , that's just asking for something to be charged :)
It was entrapment.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Stephenc said:
"...I still haven't figured out my thought process and how I got from , there's a credit .card in my freezer to I'll just use once to buy myself a new power feed."

A) I'd worry about her memory. 'Could be a storm brewing.
B) I would have used my own credit card.
I hope this all works out for you both...
~RN