things are happening

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

things are happening

Post by spro »

Unless this is fake news, a satellite was launched into orbit today or yesterday. Maybe a week ago. I Luv it because it is Ours.
NP317

Re: things are happening

Post by NP317 »

spro wrote:Unless this is fake news, a satellite was launched into orbit today or yesterday. Maybe a week ago. I Luv it because it is Ours.
SpaceX launched two sets of satellites this month, already. They are aiming for 24 launches this year (2017).
There's good reason why Elan Musk was mentioned in the new (fictional) Startrek Discovery show, as one of the pioneers of getting humans off our planet...
Cool stuff.
~RN
spro

Post by spro »

It IS really cool. This one was launched by NASA. It was probably to detect global warming.
spro

Post by spro »

There is a network because there is satellite killers out there. I could never get into the "Star Wars" movies with the ugly aliens. Whatever the theme was, with all the best effects, it sucks. Reality sucks too but we can change it in small ways. Remember, we think over areas the unsung hero s already described. Things don't become serious because we didn't see it.