Mystery Shingle Structure Under my Yard

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

warmstrong1955

Re: Mystery Shingle Structure Under my Yard

Post by warmstrong1955 »

The mole repellant things, electronic or those windmill gitchies.....do absolutely nothing. At least...as far as scarin' off moles & gophers.
Not even good enough to be garbage.
The are garbeige.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

I was going to say the same thing. Bait works, sometimes. Smoke bombs work, more often, but still only sometimes. Gopher run traps (the ones you bury in the main run) work, sometimes. The only thing I know that works all the time is stubborn perseverance, but haven't tried the exhaust trick. Most all my stuff is diesel, wonder how they like some soot with their CO2. Or maybe I could figure out how to rig up a hose off my pressure washer or brush grinder/chipper. Hmmm...

The previous owner of my place, and the snow bird to my West, appear to have been raising gophers for years. Tunnels are everywhere, and every time I get them killed off in my yard, they come over from the west side! Just today I had to dig out my water main to close the main valve for some plumbing work, the damn things had filled it in up to the cover! At times, it's almost gone full-on Caddyshack here, and probably would have if I had a source for C4. Currently all clear (again), but the dog and I are watching for signs!

Good luck on your bunker explorations!
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

> At times, it's almost gone full-on Caddyshack here, and probably would have if I had a source for C4.

Got an acetylene torch?
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Hmmm, fun times...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I've entertained the idea of acetylene, but fear tunnels near the house. It could prove to be rather interesting.

Here, in Western Washington, we're overrun with moles, and it's illegal to trap the little buggers. Hasn't stopped most folks, though.

While exceedingly dangerous, a neighbor showed me a "trap" (a set gun, really) that fires a 12 gauge shotgun shell when triggered. The shell is mounted directly above the trigger mechanism, so it gets them every time, assuming they've tripped the device. I've seen more than enough situations where they simply bypass the trigger. And to think they have no eyes.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.