bandwidth

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

bandwidth

Post by spro »

We are being used. Whenever our pc or laptop is idle, there are other streams coming in, using whatever data they can find.
I have an old laptop with lights and fan which I sort of know when it is seriously importing something other than what I was reading. The Free internet across the world is using the bandwidth and exporting virusies which we must clean up when we are online.
They then use the latest, take that apart and that is their job to defeat our personal protection.
Thanks obombus for using our money to instill internet access to thievery before conscience.
We just react to what shouldn't happened. Over and over and it is a web of distraction which serves none.
spro

Re: bandwidth

Post by spro »

The irony is that an illegal invader to what was our Country finds that he is not dead. He can come back again after costing America 50000. He and she before thousands expended, arrive and immediately vote. Then find the same thing they were escaping and their vote cemented it.
spro

Post by spro »

More than 3/4 century living citizens have seen their sons and daughters slain on fields of battle. Tortured to death . Then invaders come in and expect the same treatments.
spro

Post by spro »

Many have served and many are fallen. I respect them alongside the brothers in arms.
I just don't understand how Mexico isn't the powerhouse of the world at this time. Yes, of course I do. It is not for me to say at this time. Really great people are fleeing. Thugs are fleeing. There is pressure and it comes. This will be punctured and pain relieved.
Mexico will stand alongside the powerhouse of nations many gasp at the climate and people who return with knowledge and experience.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Spro:
You have an interesting flow of consciousness.
I often don't understand your thinking.
Makes me wish to sit down face to face with you to learn more about you.
~RN
spro

Post by spro »

Thanks. I'll leave it there for I was on a tear.
wlw-19958

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,

Gee wiz, I thought this was going to be about bandsaw blades.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
tetramachine

Post by tetramachine »

Wow, I hope you last 7000 posts had a subject, not just a rant. There must be a forum somewhere that enjoys that stuff. I for one don't think this is the place.

Bandwidth is also what provides the ability to have sites like this. When the internet started, you had to dialup and sign on directly to whoever it was you wanted to message. Talk about SLooooooow.
My wheels don't slow me down
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

tetramachine wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 am Wow, I hope you last 7000 posts had a subject, not just a rant. There must be a forum somewhere that enjoys that stuff. I for one don't think this is the place.
Heh! Can't find anything about which I wouldn't agree. The board was founded with the idea in mind that like minded people could share thoughts in regards to topics related to the titles of the sub fora. Time has proven that discussions that go beyond the scope of each tends to create discontent----as this thread appears to have done.

Note that it was moved from the General Discussion forum to the Junk Drawer, where topics that may or may not relate to steam, railroading and or machining might be discussed. I'm not sure it belongs here, either, but I've left it until there's enough complaints that I'm justified in simply deleting the thread.

This might be a good opportunity for readers to voice their opinions. If you're inclined, please state yours.

Should threads like this be allowed to remain? (In the past I have simply quietly deleted them.)

Should rants, unrelated to the theme of the board, be permitted? (I don't think so, but you may feel differently.)

No need to comment on foul language, religion or politics. They aren't permitted, and so long as I'm on the board, they won't be. Readers who persist in those departments will be encouraged to find a new venue to irritate other readers. They won't be allowed here.

Thoughts?

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I for one, am all for free speech and being able to speak ones mind. It is the reason I sometimes express myself on this board as it contains entities that know how to hold a wrench, and solve simple or complex problems. It is a group I can identify with, that dont just wait for some one else to do it. I find myself largely in agreement with the lateral thinking that encompasses the politics of the day even as they appear as an undercurrent and not fully stated. In other words, things that piss people off and disturb their senses tend to do the same for me on the same level. Given that it is owned and operated by someone for the enjoyment and common goal of a meeting place, I abide by its rule of issue as a guest, and enjoy the minds here with the rebuts and playful -ness in stride. I contribute my thoughts, a few dollars, and my salutations to those that shepard the board (H>V>) with a light hand. Perhaps lighter than my thoughts and direction could be. I am rather draconian on conduct, so I make no claim, nor do I give phony advice. I dont fix things just for change's sake, as I believe change must be reasoned and natural. I dont fix what s not broken. With that said, I have shied away form some writings as my opinions would be construed as political, and therefore in that vein of disturbance to thinking people.. Therefor, I meter what I write to comply with my hosts wishes of God, Guts, Country and machine tools, for the masses. I think that transgressions against the well being of this board are evident to the readers, and any eliminations of those influences are made without many ripples of protest, which says a lot about the behavior of the moderators for the good of the board.

So to the board that reads these words I writ, I bid you peace and success in your travels and endeavors, whatever they may be. Play safe and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
spro

Post by spro »

I thought a good rant would relieve some tension. I wasn't being very specific because that would violate the rules. There is stuff hanging over our heads and can't even touch the edge of it. Sure. Delete the whole thread for half a rant is unintelligible and even that is disturbing.
spro

Post by spro »

I know a few things and idle "bandwidth" is not idle. It is seeing or feeling your hard drives and fans coming on and off when merely composing. These are not updates, these are "mining" or using our equipment towards another purpose.