Quality Pegboard Hooks

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Quality Pegboard Hooks

Post by SteveHGraham »

I chose a nice prefab workbench for my upstairs hangout. It came with a pegboard. They included a certain number of pegboard hooks and so on, but not enough.

I want to get some more pegboard tool hangers, but because the ones I have already are nice and sturdy, I don't want to waste my money on Chinese stuff made from coat hanger wire.

Is there a particular brand of pegboard hardware I should be looking at

I have a feeling this question isn't going anywhere, but I had to try.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
earlgo

Re: Quality Pegboard Hooks

Post by earlgo »

Check out the Garrett Wade site for their Talon Holders PN 09K01.01 thru .11 GarrettWade.com

I have no experience with the hangars, but trust GW for other stuff.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

I put up a bunch of pegboards after I drywalled my shop. My youngest bought me some peg sets, from Horror Freight.
Biggest problem, is they are 1/4” wire, and most pegboard has 9/32” holes. Take something off the pegboard, and the peg often comes with it.

I get mine at the hardware store, or the ranch store. They have pegs made 9/32” diameter wire, that fit tight in the hole. That, and the welded ones are welded....unlike many of the HF ones that look welded, but break apart.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Ranch store...Tractor Supply? Now that I live in the USA, I have access to one.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Again....Welcome to America!

We don't have a Tractor Supply. We have Big R, which is pretty much the same.
Good folks that work there. If you can't find something, they stop what they are doing, and will lead you right to it. At Walmart, it's hard to get anyone to even point. I've been to a Tractor Supply in Arizona, and they were the same as the Big R folks.

Bill
WJH

Post by WJH »

Not peg board, but in my garage I use the rubbermaid quick rail system. Just bought a few more sections and 6 shelves. Not the cheapest but completely modular and customizable. Guess you could fab up a pegboard that clips into their rail system. Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

At the risk of inviting verbal abuse, I will post a photo of the bench. I know real men are supposed to make their own benches, but this thing is incredible. Sturdy as it can be, and it comes with an LED fixture, pegboard, and a power strip. Grommets put the cords behind the bench. The top is hardwood, and it probably weighs 80 pounds by itself. The drawer has ball-bearing slides. For a little indoor bench, it's perfect.

The manual was clearly written. The bench is full of threaded lags, and they provide a screwdriver and wrench. You put the screws into the lags and tighten it up. Very nice. There was a little bag filled with extra fasteners, too.
Attachments
06 02 18 upstairs workbench assembled small.jpg
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Yours looks like the two I got when I was in Alaska, just a little smaller, for our electrical bench, when we moved into our new shop building. It was summer, and we didn't have time to build our own, so I bought two and put them end to end and bolted them together.

Good benches, and the drawers were also on ball bearing slides. Excellent for building & repairing electrical enclosures. Plan was to build a bench later....but they were still there when I left. No reason to replace them.

Bill
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I went to a garage sale and they had a five-gallon bucket of pegboard hooks. I bought a gallon of them, so I have a lifetime supply.

Maybe search craigslist.

Steve
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

This thing is amazing. The Chinese are starting to scare me.
WJH

Post by WJH »

SteveHGraham wrote:This thing is amazing. The Chinese are starting to scare me.
Don't worry, simply visit China to fix that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I've watched a ton of Youtubes from English speakers living in China. Very strange. No one can drive. Everyone is superstitious. They have all kinds of customs that make no sense and cause terrible problems. I don't know how they manage to get to work every day and make stuff for Harbor Freight.