Any Creative Fabicators?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

ctwo

Re: Any Creative Fabicators?

Post by ctwo »

The Fuze It did not cure hard overnight. I don't know if it will - it's like silly putty now. I thought I'd sand down the saran wrap and apply another thin coat to glue a layer of leather or rubber. We'll see if a day in the shady sun sets it up, or it'll be plan Bondo, after some torture trying to remove the goo.
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Isn’t Fuze It anaerobic?
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

warmstrong1955 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 am Isn’t Fuze It anaerobic?
If so, spray it with some acetone and it should quick-set.
~RN
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

It somewhat dried around the edges and exposed areas. The area in the center is probably sealed from air by the saran wrap and is still totally uncured. They say to wet a surface for faster cure. It is supposed to set under water. I'm tempted to rip it all off, but opted to attack it with a needle and then slash it with a razor, then set it in place for a few to let it re-conform. I have it now setting face-up exposed to the evening sun after sprinkling with some water.

I liked the regular liquid nails better, it got harder and this stuff does not seem any different than a cheap caulk. The squeezes that came out pull apart easily (after 24 hrs). I would have been better with my 10 year-old $1.69 tube of bathroom caulk. The rubberized texture may be OK anyway if it sets. I'll still sand the saran off and apply a thin coat with leather, and then set it back on the car with some weight and let that cure again. I'll wet the leather. It is a nice sued leather from a couch we tossed. That was a blast - felt like I was skinning a cow :D
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...