Need advise starting a mothballed car

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

jcfx

Re: Need advise starting a mothballed car

Post by jcfx »

warmstrong1955 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 am
Harsh ride is an understatement. Spleen buster is closer to the truth! Brutal was the word I used!
My Rubicon's ride has nothing in common with my old CJ5. And a bonus....it has a heater that actually keeps you warm, and an air conditioner!

Bill
Speaking of heaters, I bought the CJ 5 in Miami in Feb, it was a nice balmy 80 the time I spent in Miami getting her up to speed to
drive to NY, and driving down to Key West, all it had at the time was the OEM fabric top.
Needless to say I froze my cojones off from Georgia on up to NY, all the time I was wondering why the heater was lukewarm,
when it was nice and hot in Miami, it didn't help that the fabric top and doors let the cold wind howl
into the Jeep ....after recovering from two days of shivering when I got home it turned out the previous owner jammed the
thermostat open with a piece of coat hanger wire.
Fixed that and bought a quickly ordered a fiberglass top for it !
I'll let the next owner install an after market AC for it, real Jeeps don't need AC ! :lol:
warmstrong1955

Re: Need advise starting a mothballed car

Post by warmstrong1955 »

jcfx wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:59 pm Speaking of heaters.....
I bought the ol' CJ-5 in Elko in winter. It was a project car for my youngest son & I, so he would have something to drive when he got his license.
It was about -10f that night. Less than toasty on the 125 mile trip home, to say the least, but we were prepared!

:)
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.