Grease Gun v. New and Improved Grease Gun

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

larry_g

Re: Grease Gun v. New and Improved Grease Gun

Post by larry_g »

A couple of thoughts on grease guns. You have the pistol grip handle, the old style lever pump and the new battery powered. You also have rigid pipe or flexible hose 'tween the gun and the coupler. Each has it's place. My brother used to call the lever style with a hose a " three handed grease gun" A pistol grip seems a bit better with a flex hose. This year my son presented me with a battery powered Milwaukee grease gun. Greatest gift I've received in a long time. Makes greasing almost a joy.

If your having trouble with removing the coupler from the zerk try loosening the end cap on the coupler, it controls the grip. There are a lot of grease formulations out there and a wide variety of them will cover the basics. I'd suggest that you start with what your equipment manufacture recommends and venture out from there.

I'd also suggest that you wander the Alamite and the Lincoln web sites and research out all the varieties of pressure and flow characteristics that are available. I have a saying " I can't afford cheap tools." It really applies to grease guns, Some of the cheap stamped metal things are not worth hauling home to leak and mess things up.

lg
no neat sig line
I am unique, just like everyone else.
SteveHGraham

Re: Grease Gun v. New and Improved Grease Gun

Post by SteveHGraham »

I ended up buying a LockNLube coupler for the end of my Home Depot grease gun. It's way better than the stock coupler. Much easier to put on and take off, and it holds tight.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.