steamin10 (Big Dave)

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Patio

Re: steamin10 (Big Dave)

Post by Patio »

Good luck Dave, I hope to see you soon, back hear on the board. I do miss you life progress updates.
Patio
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery, Big Dave.

Steve
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Any news on Dave?
Best wishes from Portugal
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I have not heard from him for several days. He commented that the device he uses is not user friendly, and that he may not send messages. I have chosen to not bother him, but welcome anything he cares to share. I'll make mention if I hear any news.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

Thanks for your timely information about Big Dave. I have lost two good friends recently. One fellow had a lot of dental work and was looking to new horizon. Found dead in his bed. Didn't get the flu shot, sick for awhile. Finally someone took him hospital but he was doa. Really great guy and friend to another fellow who I've known for 30 years. We all worked at times. O heck, lots of stuff. He always wanted to get it done quickly and risked his life many times. Towards the end he did remarkable excavation to his property and worked hisself hard. A reoccuring anyway a cancer proceeded while he was in France. He tried every sort of drug, plant, to stop the cancer which started off as colon cancer. Maybe it was prostate later and it spread to his lungs. It is hideous mess of progression and he was barely able to breath. The cancer caused a fistule between his bowel and urethra or somewhere. Then it was infection big time and hauled back to the hospital. In France they put him in a maintenance closet for awhile because he was actually surviving on certain protocals, certain regimens. They kept him on morphine for awhile. He faught to the end. I received a few calls barely.
spro

Post by spro »

There were many very kind to him in France. There were times we talked and he said oh then started speaking French to some young thing who I only knew from her voice. She was doing some things we don't need talk about. The doctors were perplexed at how he had lived this long.
It could have been different but he said "they aren't going to cut me!", meaning he didn't want a bag ..2 years before. I couldn't say too much from here but many people survive with that beyond the alternate spread. So he died and I will remember him.
spro

Post by spro »

Why do I even mention this? It is that when we get older, friends and aquaintences (heck) are peeling off. We have seen this and at some point another will see it from the other side. However; Not Big Dave. No way.
spro

Post by spro »

I really wanted to delete this stuff. Painful memories and back pain. By the time my back wasn't hurting. I was posting too much and I can't remove it. I apologize for the interjections and wish it go away.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

spro wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 am I really wanted to delete this stuff.
That's why the delete button was removed from the board by administration. Too many untimely second thoughts, with posts deleted, often ruining the value of a thread. Once posted, unless it violates our few simple rules, comments should not be removed.

The best policy is to use your head before posting. Do you really want others to read your thoughts? If the answer is yes, post them, observing the fact that they should not contain vulgarity, political comments or religious comments. No one wants to hear about that. Don't flame others, either (you are not being accused).

If the answer is no----then don't post, especially if the contents would then require editing to remove less than polite comments (vulgar or demeaning words) or involve topics that are taboo on this board.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I just received an email from Rose, Dave's wife. Here's her comment:
"Harold, dave's heart stopped. After 20 minutes they got a weak pulse and he is now on a ventilator"
Not be best news we could hope for.

H
10KPete

Post by 10KPete »

Tell Rose that we're all praying for the best.

Pete
Just tryin'
spro

Post by spro »

Knelt and prayed for Big Dave. May he come back to us.