SS is toxic in California

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveM

Re: SS is toxic in California

Post by SteveM »

LIALLEGHENY wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 am Is Stainless less toxic if you cross the border into Oregon or Nevada?
Only if they word it "know to cause cancer in the state of California" instead of "known by the state of California to cause cancer".
NP317

Post by NP317 »

LIALLEGHENY wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 am Is Stainless less toxic if you cross the border into Oregon or Nevada?
Speaking for Oregon:
Yes! Much less toxic.
~RN
mklotz

Post by mklotz »

According to California, coffee causes cancer. Seriously, read this fascinating critique of Cal's over-the-top labeling of everything in sight...

https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning

to fully appreciate just how idiotic the morons who run this state can be.
Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I remember how they tried to tell us bread and French fries cause cancer. Man, you have to live on this planet. You can't live in a bubble and play Trivial Pursuit all day.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

California used to be a great place to live when I moved there back in 1964. I finally left in 1992 and so glad I did; never looked back.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

is there anything not known to the state of California to cause cancer...seems every label says that
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

mklotz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:13 am According to California, coffee causes cancer. Seriously, read this fascinating critique of Cal's over-the-top labeling of everything in sight...

https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning

to fully appreciate just how idiotic the morons who run this state can be.
Note that the name of the law is "Proposition 65". That means that it was enacted by a vote of the citizens, not by the legislature. While I have no doubt that the government of California is as idiotic as any, in this case they are just attempting to do what the citizens told them to do.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Cali ... osition_65 :

"Alternatively, [businesses] can post generic Prop 65 warnings just in case their products contain any listed chemicals."
shorttrackhack

Post by shorttrackhack »

The springs are probably safe, the six ziplock bags, 7 air filled packing cushions, 1 cubic ft. cardboard box,12 feet of packing tape, the shipping label and packing slip are what the warning label is trying to tell you not to eat...
LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

I think the problem is California is toxic....therefore anything in California has now been infected and is toxic! Here in New York everything is toxic, they just don't warn you.
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

shorttrackhack wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:35 pm The springs are probably safe, the six ziplock bags, 7 air filled packing cushions, 1 cubic ft. cardboard box,12 feet of packing tape, the shipping label and packing slip are what the warning label is trying to tell you not to eat...
Nailed!
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Why doesn't California cut to the chase and save money? Just publish the short list of everything that is not known to cause cancer.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

mcostello wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 pm Why doesn't California cut to the chase and save money? Just publish the short list of everything that is not known to cause cancer.
I think they did. It's the blank page found in their list of cancer causing agents.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.