Trailer Plans Source?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

GeorgeGaskill

Trailer Plans Source?

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

Any one know of a source of plans for trailers? I am looking for one in the 5 x 8 to 5 x 10 range with a 2000 lbs. capacity. Thanks.
mike_thomas

Re: Trailer Plans Source?

Post by mike_thomas »

Northern Tool (it may be Northern Tool and Equipment, the catalog is at work) has various plans and quite a bit of trailer parts listed in their catalog. Mike
unregistered

Post by unregistered »

Try championtrailers.com
len

Post by len »

George,

There's a chapter in Haynes "Welding Manual" that shows how to build a utility trailer. The book is available from Sears for about $20 and half that price from HF. Your local auto parts store might carry the Haynes books. Good luck.

len
Preston

Post by Preston »

Built my last utility trailer from a Dodge carryvan Rear Axel. The whole thing with springs, hangers shocks, and tires just un bolts and makes a dandy Axel setup. Got mine at a wreching yard for $20 clams. Some Iron of your choice and your pulling. Not much to figure just used the existing spring hangers and go. The next one I build I am going to split the Axel and make a wide one. Fenders can be obtained from a boat supply or marina and are eazy to weld on.
Bruce_Mowbray

Post by Bruce_Mowbray »

George,
Awhile back I was looking for plans for a hydraulic dump trailer and stumbled upon this site. http://www.trailerplans.org/ I just ordered the materials for my dumper today and hopefully things will come together in the next week or two.

Enjoy
Bruce Mowbray
Springville & Southern RR
TMB Manufacturing & Locomotive Works
Butch

Post by Butch »

George. someone has a set (15 Plans ) on Ebay now. Goes off in less than24 hrs. Check that out Under "Shop Essentials"