need thick plastic material

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

jim_in_illinois

need thick plastic material

Post by jim_in_illinois »

needs to be about 2 inches thick and 2 inches wide. need 4 pieces about 15 inches long. black would be best. anyone know where this can be found?
Victor_R

Re: need thick plastic material

Post by Victor_R »

Jim,
A quick search at www.mcmaster.com shows the following:

Black delrin bar stock 2"x2" is $44 per foot. (Yikes!)

Polyethylene 2"x2" bar in opaque white is $7.88 per foot for HDPE and $10.74 per foot for UHMD. Nothing listed in black but may be available on special order. Other plastics are also listed. From the main page go to plastics under raw materials.

You might also try searching eBay under those material names.
"The machines are gaining ground upon us; day by day we are becoming more subservient to them" ~ Samuel Butler (1863)
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

[b]Bryan[/b]
[i]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."[/i] Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)
jim_in_illinois

Post by jim_in_illinois »

thanks victor for your help. its going to ship tomorow according to their web page..thanks again
JHenriksen

Post by JHenriksen »

Jim try 18th ave in Rockford about 2 blocks west of 11th street. I don't know the name of the place but he always has piles of plastic trimmings in his lot. Next door to precision petroleum. Abbott Plastic could also get this for you but it might cost more. They are down the street from Motion Industries off south Alpine.