Getting old

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Michael_Az

Re: Getting old

Post by Michael_Az »

I hope I don't have to do an emergency shutdown on one of my machines, lately I have been turning the machine light off instead of the machine.
Michael
Saimp 2 HP 10 X 44 mill, #2 Cin Horz Mill, Cholchester 13" lathe, LeBlond 15" Dual Drive.
LEW_BEST

Post by LEW_BEST »

Guess we're all getting there! Couple of times I've grabbed the power cross-feed lever instead of the leadscrew feed lever (they're both identical) on my sebastian by sheldon lathe; not great when you don't want to face something! Found the clutch levers unscrew; leave them hand tight now & only leave the one attached I want to use.

Lew
willjordan

Post by willjordan »

It's my reading glasses that disappear. What I don't lose, I damage. Must have parts of 20 pair around.

Broke a temple on my safety bifocals, best investment I ever made for the shop as far as being able to see and being safe, but I'm hard on temples, mostly during the times I don't need them and leave them hanging from my neck; pick up something and crush them.

I'll be ordering a set with metal rather than plastic frames. Maybe that will be better.
grace & peace
will

[url=http://willjordan.com]Will's Web Pages[/url]
kurt

Post by kurt »

I here you Will!! I have a hard time seeing small details even with bifocals, so I take, them off, lay them down, then can't find them back cause can't see them without my glasses. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Roy

Post by Roy »

I already made a reply on m y quirks on forgetting things and getting old, but just today I squeezed some $$ out of the wife so I could run a coax cable into my shop so I can watch / listen to TV. While up in the attic I stumbled on a long lost pair of glasses, I left up there probably 2 years or so ago when I ran the line in from the Satellite dish........At the time they were only about 2 months old, and now my prescription has changed, but I do have a good "like new" pair of raimes for the next go around on getting glasses. Why I even had them in the attic is beyond me, as I can see closeup, it distance I have problems with and distance in the attic running a wire certainly did not warrant wearing them. Guess thats why I never went back up there to look for them, when I could not find them.
jaxinbc

Post by jaxinbc »

An old machinist chum of mine said he switched back to bifocals from those fancy ones that gradualy go from regular to bifocal. Said it was because the graduated ones caused him to wet his pants !! I said , " How can this be Gerry"? He says well now when I have to go for a whiz and I look down and see two of everything, one big and one small, and I know mines not that big so I let go!!