Goodies for a deploying Marine?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

jaxinbc

Re: Goodies for a deploying Marine?

Post by jaxinbc »

While at a out door music show a guy sold me a little water bottle. You fill it half full and then pump it up with air. Then take the little hose that has a valve and mist spray nozzle and spray yourself. Cools you down just fine. I also now wear a goofy looking cap with a mini solar panel and a small fan built into the brim. It may look goofy but it sure does the trick along with the water mist. Also could you also send him thanks from this old Canuck up here in Canada. I'll be rooting and praying for him all the way.
Cliff

Re: Goodies for a deploying Marine?

Post by Cliff »

Hey, It's good to hear from our Northern brothers! Whatever happens, this'll be one messy situation.
John Garner

Thanks to All for your suggestions . . .

Post by John Garner »

Thank you all for your suggestions and good wishes.

My son shipped out of LeJeunne before the first "CARE Package" got there, so we wrapped up another and sent it to his FPO address. He called this morning for the first time and let us know that he has gotten our packages and letters.

His mom asked if he needed anything. His response? "If you can't get me orders home, send cigarette lighters because we have a hard time finding anything to start fires with!"

Again, thanks for your help; I appreciate it.

John