Identity theft

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

kurt

Identity theft

Post by kurt »

This mit be of entrest to you what with all the ID theft going on now days. http://www.extension.iastate.edu/financial/privacy.html
Anonymous

Re: Identity theft

Post by Anonymous »

I just learned a very simple tip in marking a guitar for theft idetification. Just take one of your address labels and stick it in the sound hole and then press onto the underside of the top. The crook will never look there but it can be readily identified with a small mirror !! You could possibly mark the inside of some shop equipment this same way.
bjdenommee

Re: Identity theft

Post by bjdenommee »

Hi Guys
We have had many of our welding machines stolen over the years, most right on the job sites. I started a system when a new machine comes into the shop I remove the covers from it and paint the inside with highly visible color.

If the machine is missing we just look into the lovers and check the colors. found 2 that were missing this way

I have had the same machine disapper and we found them in hawk shops miles away.

good luck
bjdenommee