Never enough time

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Richard_W

Post by Richard_W »

Around here the raccons will eat your cats, that is once all the chickens have been eaten.

I forgot to add we have new snow today. Yesterday was high winds all day and lots of hail.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Richard_W wrote:I forgot to add we have new snow today. Yesterday was high winds all day and lots of hail.
Two inches of fresh snow on the ground as I type. We're eaily 125 miles from Molalla----the storm covered a huge area.

Harold
Richard_W

Post by Richard_W »

Harold do you have lots of trees reported blown down in your area? We sure have many reports of trees down.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Nothing I know of in the immediate area, but we also don't get (much) TV here, so I may be missing out on what has transpired. Our power has been on, which isn't always the case.

Harold
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Sat rain squals passed by in about 8 hours for a sunny late afternoon. We have a georgeous Sunday morn here. Going to Blackhawks hockey this noon with GF and Dotter.

Seems kinna alien to hear about snow right now. We get a bit of frost at night, and occasional hard freezes into May. But not much snow. Sorry to hear of the Northwet weather.

Still plugging at yesterdays list. Mostly maintenance of motorized stuff.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I envy you your trip to see the Blackhawks. I am not a sports enthusiast, but really enjoy watching hockey and curling.
Cheering for the Canucks!
H
JackF

Post by JackF »

I'm not sure how Harold feels about but I was hoping for snow this year like we had last year. Would like to have the snow Harold had last week but it only fell in limited areas here on the west (wet) side. Here in Issaquah we haven't had any measurable snow this year. :(

Jack.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

JackF wrote:I'm not sure how Harold feels about but I was hoping for snow this year like we had last year. Would like to have the snow Harold had last week but it only fell in limited areas here on the west (wet) side. Here in Issaquah we haven't had any measurable snow this year. :(

Jack.
How I feel about it?

If I never see snow again, as long as I live, that will be just fine with me. I hate snow------can't think of one good thing to say about it aside from it's needed for water.

Last year I had to make a 14 mile round trip to the post office driving my little Kubota tractor. There was so much snow in our yard I couldn't get the truck out. That after having pushed the snow twice before the last storm that got things really messed up.

It's unusual for us to get heavy snow fall, although not unknown. Much better here than in Utah, where I have horrible memories of receiving right at 4' of snow in three days when we lived at the castle.

Harold
jim rozen

Post by jim rozen »

Just got back from visiting the offspring at college, for easter. On
the mass pike, we saw what is probably the last bit of solid water in
the new england area this year. And I was glad to see it going away.

Also things are finally drying out around here. We had two big
nor-easter storms in as many weeks, and our rainfall count is about
triple for what is normal this time of the year. My shop is finally
drying out!

I can imagine driving to the post office on the tractor could be
exciting.

Jim
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

jim rozen wrote:Just got back from visiting the offspring at college, for easter.
I recall, fondly, reading that you and your daughter enjoyed shooting as a pastime. You must miss her, Jim.
On the mass pike, we saw what is probably the last bit of solid water in the new england area this year. And I was glad to see it going away.
Understood :!:
Also things are finally drying out around here. We had two big
nor-easter storms in as many weeks, and our rainfall count is about
triple for what is normal this time of the year. My shop is finally
drying out!
It stands to reason that you folks on the right coast have had a rough winter. Our weather, this year, has been exceptional, at least up until now. January temperatures set new records. However, now that it's supposed to be spring, we're experiencing below normal temps. A sure sign things are going to improve for you, Jim.
I can imagine driving to the post office on the tractor could be
exciting.
Road conditions were unbelievable. With a top speed of only 9 mph, you can imagine it was a long, slow trip. We saw only a couple cars on the road. As we traveled highway 508, I noticed a car approaching from the rear. So he wouldn't have to pass, I moved over to the oncoming lane of traffic. The tractor has 4 wheel drive, so we had reasonable traction, so it was far safer for us to move over than for the other vehicle to pass, risking losing control on the ice covered road. There was no traffic in sight. As the driver passed, we received a pleasant smile from a state patrol trooper. It was obvious he understood why we were driving the tractor.

Damn, what a cold trip it was. Susan had hitched a ride with me, riding an a temporary seat I had provided on the rear blade.

We really need to get a life! :-)

Harold
jim rozen

Post by jim rozen »

Wait. 14 miles. 9 mph....

That means about an hour and a
half in the saddle...! I think
your wife deserves a medal here.

:)

Jim
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Heh, I'd give 'er a hug! I wish I had such a game partner! Harold is a lucky dog indeed.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.